In order to obtain membership in The Curmudgeon Society, you must be...
- nominated by someone (including yourself) who recognizes that
you possess those qualities that define a curmudgeon.
- age 65* or older. It is not until you have attained the age of
65 that you have sufficient wisdom to recognize when to invoke your unique power.
- male**. Women are sugar and spice and everything nice.
Women do not have the "necessities" to be a Curmudgeon.
- posessed of a burning desire to be formally recognized as a Curmudgeon.
- willing to sign (albeit electronically)the
* age requirement is waived if you are not self nominated because there are
people who do believe that you ARE a Curmudgeon.
** OK - SOME women may be able to become a member but their fees will be higher due to the additional
validation that will be required to confirm their fittness for Curmudgeonary.