The benefits of joining The Curmudgeon Society are:
- Access to the "Members Only" Curmudgeon Society website where you will
find innumerable things of interest related to curmudgeonry.
Web site is currently a figment of founder's imagination (12/25/2011)
- You will receive a beautiful, suitable for framing, certificate of membership
attesting to your registration as a member of the Curmudgeon Society.
- You will receive a wallet-size laminated membership card.
(Important once you are licensed - see next point.)
- You can be licensed to practice curmudgeonary. Once licensed, you
will receive new certificates (frame and wallet size) that will attest to your
status as a licensed Curmudgeon. The wallet-size license card should be presented
whenever your right to practice curmudgeonary is challenged.
(Extra fee of $5.00 required to cover the cost of producing and registering the license, postage and handling
and a good profit to boot).
Practicing curmudgeonary WITHOUT A LICENSE is legal in most states.
Practicing curmudgeonary while being in the state of inebriation is illegal.
- Opportunity to submit credentials for certification as a curmudgeon.
This is the highest honor that a living curmudgeon can ever attain (our inspirational
founder, W. C. Fields stands tallest amongst all of us).
Upon acceptance and validation of your credentials, you will
receive a beautiful certificate and a notation on your membership card,
attesting to your exhaulted state.
- You will be taught, via online courses, how to snarl the phrase "young whippersnapper"
with the proper degree of indignation and self-rightousness and with the right intonation.
- People will be inclined to accept your wisdom when you can demonstrate that
you are a licensed, registered, and, most important, certified, card
carrying member of The Curmudgeon Society.